I'm grateful for the occasional work I can do which earns me a little extra money for the holidays and for things we'd like to have, but aren't in our normal budget.
I used to work for VSP (Vision Service Plan) out in California, but when we moved out here, there was not an office here I could work for. I switched to working for an optometrist, and that was good, but working 9-5 when what I wanted to be doing was having babies and staying home was hard. Then I found the opportunity to work contract work for VSP.
Basically, I go to benefit fairs in the fall (when employers have all their insurance vendors come and talk about the employees' benefits) and talk with employees about their coverage. On the years when I've had a baby, I don't get to work a lot, but last year (when I was pregnant), I worked a TON! I got to travel to Wyoming (exotic, I know!), and Colorado. And when it was all said and done, I had enough extra money to get our house recarpeted! :)
Anyway, I love my work when I get to do it, and I'm grateful for the chance to bring in a little extra for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment