Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude - Day 2

For day two of my month of gratitude, I am grateful for so many opportunities that are ahead of us.

Last night we talked to Eva about where we'll be next Halloween (our new "far away house"), and she started sobbing.  Some days I feel about the same.  I just want to cry because I will miss our old/tiny/work-filled home.  And don't get me started about leaving my sweet friends, there is nothing more painful right now. But regardless of those sad things, I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to go to law school.

3 years ago when everything fell apart with our plans to go to med school, I wasn't sure how it would all work out.  I wasn't sure how we'd make it through the disappointment.  I struggled to know how to encourage Will.  And now, I can see how the Lord has guided us.

First of all, we were able to be here the entire time Katrina has been at BYU.  She will graduate in April, and we will likely leave in July or August. Don't get me started about the possibility of not being near her either... that will for SURE get me crying.

Isn't she pretty? :)


Second of all, we were able to have another baby.  I don't know how things will go in the future, but right now, I know I have two sweet girls, and they were possible because I was with the same doctor here in Utah.

no words... just too cute
her too... perfect



















Third, three years of law school versus four years of med school, 2 years of residency, plus whatever else for fellowships, etc.

Fourth... not being on call.... 'nuff said.

There is so much more. But to be simple, I'm grateful for the new things ahead of us, and the opportunities they will bring.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

This post made me cry. I love you guys so much and I can't even think about either of us moving. :-(

Nancy said...

I know, Katrina... I know.... and now I'm crying too. :'(