Let me tell you a story.
5 years ago, I was giddy with excitement. I had a secret, and it was so thrilling. I was finally pregnant. After 3 1/2 years of trying, I was pregnant.
5 years and about a month ago, everything changed. I started spotting. I went to the ER. They did an ultrasound. There was no heartbeat. This amazing secret (that a few people knew) was gone. I was devastated. How would I go on? The world was too noisy. Everyone had something to say. It seemed as if the noise was mocking me. It said to my heart, "Your pain doesn't matter. The world is going on without the baby you just lost."
I just wanted it to be quiet.
And that is where my love of snow comes into this story. Nothing is as quiet as falling snow. The world is quiet and still. People stay in their homes, and the snow quiets every noise in the world. The Friday that I miscarried, I remember praying that the noise would stop. I just wanted to know that my pain was known by my Heavenly Father.
And then a miracle happened. That night, dark clouds rolled in, and it got really cold.
The next morning it started to snow.
My prayers were answered. God knew my pain, and sent me the blessing of snow. It was quiet. I could grieve. I knew I wasn't alone because God heard my prayers and sent me quiet, in the form of snow.
So yes, I'm grateful for snow.
![]() |
| This was how my street looked this morning as well as the morning after my miscarriage. |

2 comments:
Beautiful thoughts. Thank you
I love the peace and quiet of fresh, falling snow. It really does change the world in a magical way.
Post a Comment