Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday's Feature Foto

This week's photo should have been from an assignment I pulled out of the hat last week... however, with the holiday, and just being plain busy, I not only missed posting a photo last week, I didn't do the assignment either. I was taking pictures last week, just not of what I'd pulled. I took some pictures of the Balloon Fest they have here. Basically if you go out to a specific field at about 6 am (basically way earlier than I want to be up), you can walk among hot air balloons while they're being inflated, and taking off.

These are some of the MANY photos I took that day.

This is the inside of the balloon, and the burner is firing. Those are really REALLY warm... I think they said they are something like 20,000 BTUs.


These are a few of the other balloons that took off that day. One of my favorites was the bright pink pig.


Let me know some suggestions for new assignments. I love to hear your ideas. They're so unique!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

you should take a picture of something that people don't often find beautiful or that they don't really think to much about. It could be something like a mud puddle, water in a gutter, or even something like an interesting picture of some abject used daily but taken for granted. My friend took this really awesome reflection picture of himself in is bathroom/kitchen faucet.

But, whatever you choose, it is always intriguing! :-D