I want to have a new assignment every week for something new to capture. I figured it would be a self-assignment (pick something to take pictures of, and go do it), but Will had a much better idea. He said I should look to you, my readers, for ideas.
So my format for Friday's Feature Foto will change as of this week. I'm looking for ideas of something to take pictures of (ie. kids, flowers, colors, emotions, clouds, fruit, shoes, tools, black & white, etc), but the ideas come from you. Basically what I'll do is look at your comments now to see what I'm taking pictures of this week. Then Friday's Feature Foto will be a picture from my assignment. Then your comments on that picture should also include ideas for my next week of photos.
Start giving me ideas, and we'll see how this works. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with (please give me a challenge, it makes me grow!), and you can look forward to seeing what I capture.

I couldn't post without a picture... my blog is called Snapshots from Hale... it's only appropriate.
8 comments:
I have 2 assignment suggestions (to get the ball rolling):
1) Macro of Everyday Objects -- get really close on an every day object to show just one part of it that we might never have seen before (or at least seen in that way).
2) Use of Shadows -- turn off the flash and use dramatic / harsh shadows to create your shot.
Now that is a beautiful picture!
I am working on pictures too.....getting them organized....all the old ones are being scanned for archive since they are showing their age. I then want to make some nice albums after making new copies of the pictures. What computer photo shop stuff do you use? Wish I was closer so I could learn from you. Open to suggestions.
Sit still and watch nature unfold in front of you. Grab a shot of a dragon fly or a bumble bee etc., etc. We had a lovely pair of quail eating in our yard this morning....would have been perfect for a gifted photographer.
Good idea Nancy,
I say try dusky/early evening pictures. Like a "dinner" shot when you're eating out in a dimly lit restaurant - these always end up looking either fuzzy if I don't use the flash or washed out and crappy looking if I do use it. And no fair bringing a tripod to dinner, either. :) That or like people standing in front of a pretty sunset. I think it's hard to make both look good in the same shot. (I'm sure you can do it).
Hey Nancy,Yes I've been reading every once in awhile. :) I say action. Capture something that's moving,like a bird or something, yet it should still have that sense of movement. (PS email me sometime! ;)
water
textures
Hands.
I know I'm late in responding, but I think you should go for a panoramic (maybe of downtown Provo or a 4-way stop or something like that).
PS--I really, really, really like my new camera. Thanks for helping me pick it out.
PPS--The stitch assist is a separate program on my CD.
Post a Comment