This week's Feature Foto is from the assignments I was given in the comments on my last post. I took all the suggestions I'd received (Allison & Becky yours will be included next week), and put them in a hat. When I pulled one out, I got Maryann's suggestion of "Sit still and watch nature unfold in front of you." I was hoping to see some amazing wildlife or something I'd never noticed before. My goal was to catch this elusive and super cute owl that sits in my tree. However, when I heard him one evening, I tip-toed out to my front lawn to catch him, and just as I picked up my camera he flew off. He hasn't been back since either (next time!).
So as I was coming in from my attempts, I noticed my day lilies were just starting to bloom. So I've taken this suggestion literally. This flower was "unfolding" in front of me.

I also spent some time this week out in my mom's hometown of Payson, UT. For those who don't know, it's basically farm country. I was taking some photos of the building my grandfather used to work at, and then I went to visit Grandma & Grandpa's farm (which was purchased by our friends/their next door neighbors after Gma & Gpa died). As I watched the world wake up (it was about 8 am), I saw a breeze start through this grass, and I was captivated.
Enjoy, and let me know what you think as well as new suggestions. I'll pull an assignment for this week on Sunday morning.
3 comments:
Truly beautiful! Have you noticed that when you stop and really key in on something, you suddenly see it in a different light? Our lives are so busy that we rush about. In doing so we become complaisant about the wonders that are right there in front of us. Each tiny little part of our experience must be magnified and in so doing we are glorifying our Heavenly Father and His work!
You have to get a picture of that owl! (if he comes back) For some reason Anabelle has been obsessed with owls. She hasn't seen any in real life. I'm sure she would just get a kick out of a great picture coming from you.
My only other suggestion would be any kind of wild animal: bird, lizard, wolf, wolverine, etc. Ya know, whatever you have roaming around your neighborhood :) Zoo shots acceptable.
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, just amazing. I had a thought as I was driving home tonight after fireworks - I would love to see you do a picture of fireworks. It might be a little late now, unless you happened to take some today :-) Anyway, that's my Friday Feature Foto suggestion!
Post a Comment