Another post by William ...
I am sure that some of you are probably sick of hearing from me and the way that I have "sequestered" Nancy's blog. But, I figured that it would be best for you all to hear this from me.
Nancy has done an excellent job of keeping you all updated as to our progress with applying for Medical School. As we explained before, it had been made up of a lot of "hurry-up and wait" moments. Without beating around the bush, I wanted to let you all know that I have not been accepted to Medical School this year, anywhere.
The Lord always seems to have some new trial for us and never lets us go very long without providing us with ways we can grow. Such is true for our present circumstance. After so many years of struggling with the same trial (infertility), we finally found relief in the birth of our beautiful baby Eva. At last, we thought that we could breathe and just enjoy life. But, such is not the case. The same day we came home from the hospital with our little girl, we opened the mail and recieved the "rejection letter" from the University of Utah, the only school that had asked me for an interview.
Our life has changed in more ways that one, overnight, as we are now new parents and are also faced with the prospect that our future is not going to occur as we planned. We are now left with a mixture of disapointment from the rejection and excitement from the birth of Eva.
We are now left trying to re-plan our future. ... We will be staying at our current home and will try to re-apply to Med School this year (and get in the application as soon as it opens up in June). But, that means that our dream is either pushed out 1 more year (to start Fall 2010) or if rejected again we will need to find out what else I can do with a degree in Biology.
As hard as it is, we are trying to look at this as a "very well disguised blessing". It may benefit us to not have to sell our home this year (with the housing market "crisis"). It will also give me a time to be there more for the first year of Eva's life. My little sister will be coming to BYU this fall (first time ever on her own), and this will give us a chance to be there for her. ...
Thank you all for your support and for reading this far as I have rambled on about this current trial. As I'm sure many of you can relate to (from what Nancy has told me of some of your blogs), despite the blessings it still is difficult.
12 comments:
Thank you so much for posting, Will. What most of you don't know is how amazingly well Will has dealt with all this, and how much he has helped me with everything that has happened with the birth of our baby. I know it can all work out well with Med School... I just don't know how, or when.
Will and Nancy, I'm so sorry you are going thru this! I'm impressed with your perseverance.
it's times like these that make the family stronger.
Things always work out- even if they don't come out exactly as you planed it. but we want you guys to know that we're here for you- whenever you want us to come down- let us know
Oh so sorry! Maybe that is not the path that "The Father" has in mind for you....at least not for this year. Be brave and upbeat about your adventures wherever thay take you.
Wow, Will and Nacy and little Eva, you three are in our pray's where one door closes one door opens. I hope you are ok with me saying this it's from Elder George Q Cannon. The Saints should always remember that God see's not as man see's; that he does not willingly afflict his children and that is he requires them to endure present privation and trial, it is that they may escape greater tribulations which would otherwise inevitably overtake them. If he deprives them of any present blessing, it is that he may bestow upon them greater and more glorious ones by and by. I hope this helps Trent my husband has all ways wanted to be CHP and we keep trying I'm sure a door will open for you two and I hope one opens for us in the future too.
First off congrats on the new arrival she's cute!...2nd Nancy thanks for your kind words on my blog...3rd sorry to hear about medical school - isn't it sometimes hard to remember that it is "Heavenly Father's" Plan and not our own?...Do they have an appeals committee? I know Brandon had to file an appeal in order to get into Law School the year he wanted too, does medical school work similar? Maybe some of the people they accepted won't want to attend the U after all - leaving open spots. just a thought. I love how postive you are being about it.
I wish you guys the best of luck as you face new decisions this year... I'll keep you in my prayers!
I am so sorry for you both! But, I know things will work out. Just hug Eva and you'll feel better.
I'm glad you are home from the hospital and getting used and loving your new little Eva. I hope and pray all goes well with your future plans. She's beautiful and i'm so jealous you got to have her in your room for a few minutes. So lucky!!
To my dear Hale family,
We're sorry to hear about Medical School, but we're glad that your keeping up the good spirits. Since my mission (and especially regarding the end of my mission) I realized that the Lord has a plan. The Lord, unlike us, sees the end from the begining. By staying plyable, you are becoming who the Lord wants you to be. Nephi one said, "I know that the Lord loveth his children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I know that the Lord loves your family, I don't know why you have the trials that you do, but I know that he loves you. Sometimes that knowledge has to be enough.
May the Lord continue to bless you with strength during your trials, and may you be able to give your burdens to the Lord and lean unto him.
All of our love,
The Moses Family
I'm so sorry for you guys. I was really hoping that you would get into med school. You will be such a great doctor and it is lame that the admissions people don't see that.
Nevertheless, I am very excited that you guys will be out there for my first year!
Hopefully after enduring all these trials you will have used up your "ration card" of trials so then you can have a long time of smooth sailing. :-D
Good luck, and keep up the good spirits!
Bummer. But love the positive "bad news...good news". It would just be so much easier if we knew the whole plan that HF has for us wouldn't it???
Post a Comment