Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Coming soon...

I just got back from the doctor's office not too long ago, and I finally have some good news. We're having a baby this weekend! My blood pressure was high again, and after some testing and whatnot, the doctor said I would either get admitted today (depending on the results of more tests at the hospital), or I'd go in on Thursday afternoon for induction.

My testing at the hospital went well, everything came back fine, and the doctor said to schedule me for Thursday!

So the plan is to go in Thursday afternoon, they'll begin the preparations for the induction. Basically they'll try and get me to start stretching in the appropriate place... I'd go into more detail, but that's a little too much for my blog. 'nuff said. Then Friday morning they'll start a Pitocin drip to get things moving, and hopefully the baby will come sometime Friday.

So I'm feeling pretty good, a little nervous, but excited mostly. Considering the fact that Will's birthday is on Monday, I told him he's not getting any presents except for a baby. I figure I've put more work into this present than anything else I'll ever give him! :) Hopefully the next time I post I will be including pictures of our new baby. Keep your fingers crossed that everything will go alright!

14 comments:

Sherri said...

Good luck! I hope the next post is full of pictures of a healthy mama and baby.

diane said...

Happy Birth Day in advance!

Best wishes to you and your baby girl.

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking about you as you take on this adventure. Don't be nervous.....relax and remember you are a witness to a miracle. Wish I could be there to cheer you on.

XOXOXO

Andrea said...

I have been thinking about you all week. I am so excited for you to meet your baby. Let everyone one else take care of you. You are going to be great!

Paige said...

Good luck! So excited to meet baby Ava.

Heather G. said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of your new baby girl. I'll keep you in my prayers that all will go well!

Liz Bowman said...

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see pictures and meet her. Hope everything goes well, is not too long, etc. I will be thinking happy thoughts about labor on Friday for you!

Mandy said...

darn right that's a pretty awesome present! I'm sure Will won't mind at all though!

Ellie said...

GO out and get that boy a present! He's been a prince this whole time and pretty soon you will be a REAL prisoner in your own home.

Oh I am so excited for you both! Call us.

Jenibelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenibelle said...

Good luck!! One word for you...Epidural.

maroon6464 said...

Wow Nacy good job you have gone almost all the way, yoo have done a great job really. Good luck to you and Eva on thursday make sure you get a blessing there or before you go it. It helps everything go well. Congrats I'm sure michelle is excited for you as well, I hope she keeps some of us updated.

Hazen5 said...

Yay, I can't wait to see that BABY!!! Take Care.

queenieweenie said...

can't wait to hear!