Monday, April 6, 2009

It's been a while

I thought I'd be better at posting while I was learning to be a parent. Turns out I stink at multi-tasking. I thought I'd be able to get more done, and be more like myself right after having a baby, but it just so happens that if you have to have major surgery to get said baby out, it makes recovery a lot longer.

We've been doing pretty well. Eva is small still... at the last appointment she was in the 20th percentile for weight and 50th for height. This is very different from most of our neices and nephews who are perpetually in the 95th percentile or better for everything. She has abnormally long arms (thanks Will) that can actually reach the top of her head. We've actually been able to get some sleep... occassionally. She's a perfect little baby though. She only fusses when she's hungry, or if she's getting her diaper changed, and not every time with either of those. Right now she's pretty good at giving us 4 or 5 hours of sleep at the beginning of the night (I know, I'm spoiled), and then 2 or 3 more after the 4 am feeding.

Anyway, here's some pictures to document the time we've been spending not blogging.

Cute fingers. I've had to cut her nails a bunch because she likes to lacerate me while nursing.
Cute feet. That pinky toe is just like her daddy's, it curls under the other toes.

Post sponge bath. We call this Einstein hair. It's really curly when it's wet.
Showing her Cougar Pride!

My dad getting to hold her for the first time. He was sick for a week after she was born and wouldn't come and visit (thank you). Now we've just got to get him to come down more often.

She put her own finger on her nose. We just thought it was funny since it looks like she's calling "1. 2. 3. Not it!"

She wasn't quite sure what to do with her first real bath. After a while she got really comfy, and loved it. Until she got chilly as we were drying her off... then she let us know how she felt.

Eva and Will both have rubber faces. There are about 20 pictures from this same time, and every one is different.

See! I think by this time she was disgruntled about the flash in her eyes, though.

Where's the milk? I can hardly stand to watch Will do this, but he thinks it's hilarious that Eva will latch onto his nose.

We did a few portraits between sessions of Conference on Sunday.

This is my favorite. It will probably go into a birth announcement if we ever do one. :)

So there is the latest on us. Hopefully it's not another 2 weeks before I post again!

15 comments:

Corrina Hale said...

So cute! She looks like grandpa Maher in the bathtub picture and I can see Daddy in the picture you may use as an announcement. It's not just major surgery that makes it hard to get back to yourself, birth in general will do that to you. Surgery just makes it take longer from what I heard...but are we really ever able to get back to normal? =) I'm so glad she is doing well. She was early...if she had gone full term she would have been in the 90+ percentile. Cousin Lara is slowing down and there was a while that cousin Jaron dropped below 10 percent. Numbers are just numbers. Take care. We love you!

Andrea said...

I love the picture of Eva in the bath tub. What on earth are you to do with all that hair! The last two pictures are so sweet. You daughter will be very well documented. Keep up the good work. I know it's hard right now but I promise that it will get easier.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't go to bed tonight without checking out the darling pictures of our blessed little Eva. How I loved hugging and holding her this past weekend. The pictures are adorable. Can anything really capture the magic that a new baby is... fresh from heaven? You did a great job though. Good effort. Night night little one and hope you get some sleep mom and dad! See you soon.
XO
Mom

Maryann said...

So much for fantasy. Welcome to the real world of parenting. It really does get easier with practice though.
Don't worry about Eva's rating on the charts. Ashley finally made the bottom 5%. It only took her
8 1/2 years! Her doctor says as long as she continues to grow on her own little chart that is all that matters. Try not to make comparisons with other kids! Eva is her own little person.

Eva is adorable and oh so lucky to have dedicated parents who love and cherish her.

Love,
MaryAnn

Shirley said...

I can't wait to see you guys!! She is so darling! I love all the great expressive pictures you got. Christopher also thinks it's hilarious to have the baby latch on to his nose. Maybe it's jealousy?
love you guys!
shirley

Hannah said...

Your baby has more hair than my one year old! She's darling! Molly's preference was to latch onto our chins, not noses. But it was still hillarious.

Katrina said...

She is soooooo adorable! I can't wait to come and see you guys! I love the pictures of her fingers and feet. The funny faces pictures are so funny, she is so much like Will. Well, get lots of rest and have some fun! :-D

BTW: I have this awesome truffle recipe I might have to make for you guys when we're out there in 2 weeks. They are oh so delicious (and simple)!

Robin said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love it all! Especially the rubber face. :)

Life of Us said...

She is an absolutly beautiful baby. She is so girly looking and just perfect. If you ever need anything don't hesitate - I'm right around the corner -

Heather G. said...

She's adorable! YOu're so lucky that you don't have a colicky baby! You take great pictures too! Can't wait to meet her!

diane said...

Oh how I love that hair!

Mandy said...

I was just thinking you should post those pictures on your blog! yay! I still love the bath time ones!

Mindy said...

She's beautiful! Glad to hear your recovering well. It's no picnic recovering from a c-section eh? Can't wait to see her and hold her!

Jenibelle said...

Holy Toledo!! She's got more hair than me! So sweet and her faces are hysterical. I'd say you were getting some free entertainment from her, but she's going suck your money pot dry over the years!!

Any news yet about Will?

Shirley said...

is it just me, or do you think she looks like Hannah in that pic with her finger on her nose? not sure why.
shirley