Will asked me (since he's watching over my shoulder as I post) if I usually put in the story behind the pictures. Last time I did, so I guess that will be a part of my Friday photos.
This picture was taken during our trip to Hawaii for Christmas. We were visiting Mark & Ellie for Christmas, and the day after the present fest for Fin & Hannah (the trip was my present), we went to Waimea Falls. There is a beautiful trail all the way up there, and since I was taking pictures, I was being a little slower than the rest of the family. After a while of waiting, Mark came back and said, "If you want to, you can take all the time you want to take pictures on your way back down, and then we can all swim together now." Granted, the only people crazy enough to get in the water were Will, me, Robin, & Becky. I digress... after we swam, we took a different path on the way down which was beautiful. It started to rain on the way up, and was sprinkling on our way back down, and we came across a hibiscus tree (or are they bushes?). All of the flowers had closed up most of the way, and they were covered with rain. I obviously couldn't help myself.
The actual title for competition is "Hiding from the Rain."
The black & white version is definitely interesting, but I can't decide which one I like better.
So bring on the comments/critiques. I love to hear what you guys think.

6 comments:
purty.
Definitely the color one. I like the yellow shading in the veins...
You don't see that in the black and white version. Very pretty!
Amazing picture! You are definitely talented. I LOVED meeting you at Blogapalooza. You are so warm and friendly and cute!
They are both really beautiful! But I like the color one better, just because the color of the flower is standing out.
I'm actually thinking the black and white is cool!
Very nice!
Although I love black and white, I don't think it does the flower justice. Color all the way! You are so talented!
Post a Comment