On Tuesday (after the family got in on Monday night), we went to Logan to go and see Grandma H. I love this woman so much. I lucked out when I got married, and got to have 2 grandmas. All of my grandparents died while I was in high school, so it's nice to have new ones to love on!
On Thursday we had Thanksgiving Dinner at the church. We had a hard enough time fitting everyone into my house for regular meals, but for Thankgiving, I was sure I didn't want to try and cram everyone in. So we went to the church and had dinner there.
On Friday we went to Heritage Park (aka: This is the Place Monument). It is the state park that commemorates where Brigham Young said to the wagon train, "This is the right place," And they settled in the Salt Lake Valley. I was so excited that there were fall leaves everywhere. I missed out on my regular photo trip through the canyons this year (it was really stormy), and was happy to get a few pictures of the fall colors.
Me and Will.
I was kinda worn out (and suffering with a cold) and Katrina and Dad were good enough to give me a little space from everyone. This might have been a little overkill though! :)
This is the "This is the Place Monument." We ended up getting closer to walk around, but I was pretty cold by that time, and ended up sitting still... probably not helpful for the cold, but at least I wasn't creating my own breeze by moving more.
See... this is me, less than warm. Thanks for the new coat Dad H. It would have been warmer if I'd left the lining in. Oops.
After Heritage Park, we went to Temple Square for the first night of the lights. I didn't bring my tripod... oops again... so I'll be heading back to get some non-blurry pictures.
This is a nativity they have set up in the reflecting pond in front of the temple. I was so far down on the ground that Will was having to stand guard so no one would trample on me. Oddly enough a couple walked up and joked, "She does know she can't drink the water, right?"
After temple square we stopped by my parents' house to say hi and have pizza. We all visited for a while, and then Dad H, Dad M, Will and I snuck away to the hangar to see the current progress on the plane. Hopefully it will be done sometime next spring. :)Overall, the holiday was wonderful. I am so grateful for my families; the one I came from, the one I married, and the one we are making. It was so nice to talk with Mom and Dad H, and to spend some quality time with Katrina and the boys. We're looking forward to seeing them all again in April for Will's graduation.
If you're still reading by this point, you're amazing. Thanks for your patience with my Thanksgiving slide show. :)
5 comments:
I love you pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun!
Can I get a copy of the picture at Heritage Park? 11 by 14... it could be my Christmas present... and birthday (Since you forgot!!!)
luv ya!
You're blog stalker,
Autumn
Thanksgiving at the church, now that's celebrating! Your pictures are gorgeous.
Nice pictures! It sounds like you had a terrific family time.
Your pics of Temple Square look like postcards. Beautiful.
Your baby is lucky to have a photographer for a momma.
I love the temple square lights picture!!!!! your shirt in your first pict matches your wall paper!
we need to get together soon! I'm getting better- I'm not dead yet!
Post a Comment