Sunday, December 7, 2008

Will the Winner

Yesterday was Will's company "End of Year" party. We can't call it a Christmas party because there's some rule about using the word Christ at a company event. Don't mind all the Christmas music they played, and the Christmas tree centerpieces, etc... you just can't say Christmas... or Christ.

Anyway.

We got to the party and we'd had some strange suggestions that Will might be recognized for somethings... all hypothetical, of course. When we got there there were a bunch of banners all around the room with the names of the top sales guys, top techs, top offices, etc, but not Will's name anywhere. No big deal. Then his friend Corey walked by and said, "Congrats Man!" Will jumped on top of that (since we'd had some hints, but nothing solid) and said, "On what?" Corey was obviously flustered, stammered a little, and then said, "Ummmmm.... You'll know." We still laugh a little at Corey's expense when we think about it.

So we had dinner, 2 comedians (one was Ryan Hamilton... very funny), and then eventually they said they were going to do awards. They started out with the Corporate Employee of the Year award. The announcer said there were 4 awards to be given, but after the first 3 awards, there were no more pictures for the powerpoint, so he thought they were done. Then the HR guy walked up and whispered in his ear for a while, and the announcer looked all over the podium and eventually found 1 more sheet of paper. Then they announced that Will was also an Employee of the Year. :) Go Will!

Here's some pictures of us at the party.

Me and the big winner. :)
Will's pretty plaque.

Will with his plaque.


I also took video (sorry about the quality) while he was walking up and the announcer was saying how awesome Will is at his job.
I'm so proud of all that Will does at work, school and at home. He's an amazing husband, and will be a great father to little Eva. :) If Pinnacle (his employer) had their way, they would have him there 40+ hours a week doing so much more, but they understand that they are not his final goal in life, and support him in everything he is doing now and in the future. We are so grateful, in today's economy, for a great employer and for what they've done for us. We're also grateful that they're giving Will a nice "prize" for being the Employee of the Year (a blu-ray player and a 120G iPod), it will make Christmas a lot more interesting than it would have been!
In other news, it has been a month since I last posted a picture of my preggo belly. I've been feeling like I'm just getting more and more chubby, but not looking more pregnant. I'm 6 months along today, and I keep thinking my belly should be more round and pregnant looking, but then again, I probably shouldn't be hoping to be more uncomfortable.
I guess when I look at it, I'm getting there... I just have a lot of padding to hide the roundness. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Two things:

#1- Is Will a winner or a wiener? teehee... give the nuckle head a hug from me! (Cause it'll make him blush.)

#2- You're having a girl so you're carrying higher than I did with Parker. Parker was so low he practically had one leg out at 8 months! What was the point again? Oh yeah, you look way more prego than I did at 6 months cause I carried so low!

diane said...

Congrats to Will.

Good job on the baby growing.

Shirley said...

yay! congrats, will! and yay for those nice prizes!
shirley

Katrina said...

Congratulations Will! Have a great Christmas and enjoy the new gifts.

Nancy, you are looking more pregnant. If you really want to show your progression/growth, you should post your belly pictures in succession in each post, showing all of them up to that point. :-D

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Will! :-)

queenieweenie said...

Go Will! Nothing is sexier than a good provider.

The baby looks fabulous!

Ellie said...

Congrats WILL! That is so great.