Anyway... here is my confession about what I have/have not done.
The lie is #2. I have been east of the Mississippi... a few times. I flew out of Atlanta last summer when we went to Costa Rica.
Here is the story behind #1 and #3.
#1... I think I have the best luck ever when it comes to cops and being pulled over. I got pulled over in my friend's car when I was in college, and her registration was more than 6 months overdue... I cried my way out of a ticket... not hard considering I'd just had surgery and was off my pain meds so I could go to the pharmacy for more. Then I was driving with a friend later, and was pulled over for honking at a cop (I didn't know it was a cop when I honked... it was really dark), but he didn't give me a ticket because he was headed to a giant accident half a mile up the road. My most recent encounter was in August. Will and I were driving to California, it was after 10 pm, and we were almost to Wendover... not long into the trip. I could swear I was going 75, but the cop said I was going 84. He asked where I was going, and I said California. When he found out I was driving through the night, he gave me back my license, said be careful, and let me go. I deserve to be caught at some time, but I'm okay with the way things are going so far. Oddly enough, I've witnessed from the passenger seat multiple tickets being given to whoever was driving my car (sorry Will and Robin).
#3... I do have photographic evidence of my swimming excursions... but I don't know where it's packed away. Here's what happened. My friend Char and I were living together one summer at BYU. It was really hot... like 90 at about 11 pm, and our apartment complex had no swimming pool. We didn't know anyone who had a pool, and Utah Lake is disgusting. So Char told me that the water in the fountains on campus was pretty cold, and we should go swimming. So we donned some old shorts and t-shirts and headed for the fountain in front of the administration building... also where the BYU police has it's headquarters. We jumped in and swam for a little while... took lots of pictures, and every time a car passed by, we got really nervous, and frequently we would run to the car (not like they couldn't find us by following the really wet trail that followed us). We never got caught that time... or any other time we went (there were multiple repeat performances). Oddly enough, I did find out through friends that the fine for getting caught swimming in the fountain is $300.
Now that my computer is working (kind of)... I can't post without a picture... so here is one from today. I'm 20 weeks along in my pregnancy now (HALFWAY!!), and my belly seems to be growing a little more.

I had a crazy week last week (that I will post about later), but I was glad to be able to see my brother Mark and his cute wife Ellie, as well as my nephew Griffin (Happy 4th Birthday!), and my beautiful niece Sylvie. I lucked out to get to see my uncle Sterling as well. It was a great time, but I'm still trying to catch up on sleep.
3 comments:
Good girl taking pregnancy picture of yourself! I never took enough and now I'm sad.
Halfway...Yipee!
Oh well, I was wrong about the lie. Dang it. And what kind of moron lets their registration lapse? Oh, wait....
Anyway, glad things are going well for you and can't wait to see if I'm right about you having a boy.
Post a Comment