Thursday, November 13, 2008

Announcement!

The day is finally here! We had our 20 week ultrasound today, and the results are in... Before I tell you what it is... here are some random pics from today's appointment.

This is a creepy view of the baby's face... If you're having a hard time telling what you're seeing it looks kinda like a skull on it's side.
This is a view of the baby's arm... we're looking at the forearm. The two bright white lines are the radius and ulna.


The baby's footprint.

Here's the baby's profile... a much nicer view of it's face than the creepy skull picture.



And the picture we've all been waiting for... IT'S A GIRL!

Here's another view of the girly anatomy.
We could not be more excited about our new little addition. For those who are interested, we'll be naming her Eva (pronounced ay-vah), with Marie as a middle name. Will and I could not be more excited about our little girl. Thanks for all your love and support. If you have any tips on raising a girl... I'd love to hear them!





14 comments:

Shauna McDonald said...

How exciting, Girls are so much fun! Especially with all the cute clothes and of course their personalities. You guys are in for a great adventure. Love your name pick too!

Stephanie said...

OK I think these pictures are really cool, Em says they just look black. She liked the one of your girls forhead and the part were there is no boy parts. I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to come back afterr she is born and fight for the chance to hold her. So keep yourself healthy Eat right or you will have a huge baby. They are not as much fun to get out as the littler ones. So I want to hear all about you cravings and all the fun movement the peeing all the time and the not being able to comfertable. We love you both and wish you a easy pregnency. Will, do whatever Nancy says if you want to see your daughter at the end of all thins
Love Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! After having a houseful of boys....having five granddaughters has been such fun! Oh Matt is great too, but I LOVE the girlie stuff that we get to do now. Congrats to you and happy rest of your pregnancy!

Celia Fae said...

Congrats, Nancy. I almost feel like I was there.

diane said...

Such happy news! I love her name. Girls are so fun to dress. She'll have her daddy wrapped around her finger in no time.

Heather said...

First born girls are the GREATEST (I guess I'm sort of partial to them) you will have a built in buddy/helper forever!

Congratulations and I can't wait to meet little Eva Marie.

Andrea said...

That is definately a girl!! I am so happy for you. Now you can start getting everything ready and you can really begin bonding with your "daughter"! Nancy-we know that you are going to be great but I'm super excited for Will to have a little girl. There is nothing sweeter than a daddy with his daughter. Yay for girls!

Paige said...

Congrats! I would say that she can have sylvie's clothes but I'm taking them back just in case. ha ha.

Ava is sure to be fun!

Jared & Shannon said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy it's a girl! Congrats Nancy & Will!

Katrina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you guys, I just know that you will be such great parents. Eva is such a cute name! I so can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!
Love Ya Bunches,
Katrina

Mommy said...

There's a reason those ultrasound techs go to school to read those things. I couldn't tell what they were looking at when I was getting mine done. (Of course, I was laying down and was at a bad angle anyway, but still, even on the printouts I could hardly tell what some of the things were and just took her word for it!) Congrats! Can't wait to see her!

Hazen5 said...

Congrats Nancy!!! You are going to have the best time dressing her.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited you are having a girl and the name is so cute. My advice would be lots of love and PATIENCE. =) Yes you will have a great big helper and sll the rest of your kids will have a 2nd mom.=)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby girl! Just love her and let her be your little helper. Even when more babies come and she thinks she is helping, but she clearly is not, still praise her for trying. You don't want them to get tired of helping :).