I'll be going in for weekly appointments at the doctor's office as well as weekly non-stress tests (NSTs) at the hospital (not on the same day as the doctor appointment). After next week, they'll probably bump up the NSTs to twice a week. As of right now, the doctor has set the goal of lasting until 34 weeks (2 1/2 weeks from now). If I make it that far, then 36 weeks. If I make it that far, then 37 weeks. No more than 37 weeks though... too much stress on me and the baby.
Here is where I'll be spending the next 2 1/2 - 6 weeks.
Bed
The comfy chair.I'll also be in the bathroom, since that is an approved "trip" I can take. Sadly, the trip I wanted to be able to take was one to California. My sister-in-law, Shirley, was going to throw me a baby shower out there so I could see family and friends, but traveling is completely prohibited now.
I'm pretty disappointed about not being able to go, but at the same time I want to do what is right for me and for baby Eva. Wish us luck.
Oh and if you have any good recommendations for books or movies, I'm all ears.
12 comments:
Sorry......
I will get a list of good books for you. Keep that phone right beside you so we can all give you a call.
I love that, "required laziness"!!!
As for books, I don't know if Twilight is your style but it seems to be really big right now...oh yeah, and Steph just LOVES the series.
Have you read Philippa Gregory books?
Take it easy.
Oh yes.....Philippa Gregory books are well written and fun to read!
I love how you called it, "required laziness". I am sorry you don't get to go to California.
Maybe someone can lend you a laptop so you can blog ☺!
Everyone seems to love Twilight, but I haven't read them. I didn't like Philippa Gregory (The Other Boleyn Girl), but I haven't read all of hers. Start looking up all sorts of movies on Netflix (they have lots that you can watch on your computer instead of getting them in the mail) and TV shows as well. I'm all about reading auto/biographies because some of them are more interesting than the fiction. Wish you well!
I got your message yesterday. Sorry you're confined to bed. Try not to go stir-crazy. So do you still want to try and do a web-cam shower? Mom is suggesting we do it after Eva is born because we don't know how soon she will come, and that way you can hold the baby up to the camera! Oh, and Chris has finally decided that he will come out with us in April. yay!
Have you ever read the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites book series? I love Chris Heimerdinger.
Shirley
hang in there...i was on bedrest for three of my four pregnancies...this too shall pass.
watch lots of movies and read lots of good books!
Does this mean that you can't take showers either? GROSS!
I'm glad you're not coming to California for the following reasons:
1. It'll make me remember that you live in "Utard" and then I'll miss you when you leave again.
2. I'll have to spend all my time showing you all the cool stores we have since you left, that have also since gone out of business so we can't shop there anyways.
3. Your stinky husband would probably have to come with you and I'd have to be nice to him or he won't let me see you.
4. Parker will probably like you more than me and he'll want to go home with you.
Well, I could probably think of more if I wasn't busy unpacking and stuff.
Take care and remember who you are, don't let it get ya down!
Love ya!
Autumn
Hey Nancy, One fun thing out of all this you really get to know Evas every move. With the NST's twice a week I starteds to be able to tell his moving from hicups and tell what really got Ryan moving. Listening to his heart beat and seeing how normale it was, was a wonderfull comfort and made every thing else seem less importan. For books and movies yes< I am a big Twilight fan they are a action and romance book all in one. Wes wont say it but he loved the move, ok maybe not! Another movie and I don't know why but with Emily I watched Lodr of the rings all the time. I would wake up in the middle of the night and watch it. Now that move or movies gives me the creaps. Anyway good luck finding stuff to do. love yah.
Sounds like Heaven to me!
I prefer required laziness over bedrest. Bedrest just sounds tooo restrictive.
As far as movies go... Hum... :) I'll make you a good list.
As far as books go... What is you style? Personally I really dont like the Twilight books. Yes i have read/heard(audiobook) 2 of the 3 books. Way too much Girl drama, actually the books are pretty poorly written (from a professional level) but have a story a lot of girls can relate to. Makes me think of Teen Girl Squad(homestar runner).
Let me know what genre you like.
I recommend Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. 12 Books so if you like the first theres lots to read.
Clive Cussler books for clean action/fun james bondy feel.
Joel Rosenberg books for action 24'esk books.
Etc. Let me know.
Hope you feel better, Looking forward to meeting Eva.
Post a Comment