I had no idea my last post would open up such a conversation in the comments! Thank you for the input, please keep it coming.
I don't have any pictures for this post. I'm sure I could find something, but it's too much work right now, especially since I didn't think to pull out my camera at all today.
So the title of my post comes from the reaction my doctor had today when he walked in the room. He said, "Hmmm..."
2 weeks ago I was in for my regular appointment and my blood pressure was a little high. Not super high, but definitely higher than my previous visit. Add that to the additional water weight I had gained, and my doctor was slightly concerned. So he had me come back today, rather than 2 weeks from now. They tested my blood pressure, and it was even higher than last visit, and I'd gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks, mostly water weight considering the swelling in my hands and feet. Hence the "Hmmm..."
Basically he's hoping I don't have pre-eclampsia. There's no protein in my urine (definite pre-eclampsia) but I have just about every other symptom. So he sent me to the hospital for a non stress test (basically relaxed for an hour, and they checked my blood pressure and the baby's heartrate), blood work and to get set up for a 24 hour urine collection. The non-stress test seemed pretty good, my blood pressure went down when I relaxed, and the baby looked great the whole time. We'll see how the urine test goes (Allison I feel for you since you had to do it more than once), and I'll be back at the doctor's office Wednesday.
Most likely what will happen is that he'll put me on bed-rest, and then induce labor at 37 weeks (earlier if needed, but we're shooting for keeping Eva in as long as we can). I'm not looking forward to bed-rest or induction, but as long as the baby is okay, I don't care what we have to do.
9 comments:
Take care and This will sound crazy but try very hard not to worry the Lord is in control and is looking out for your little miracale
I would hate to do bedrest! Be sure to stock up on good books, magazines, and movies. Maybe get a little fridge to keep near you for snacks when Will is unable to be your slave. Wait a second, this whole bed rest idea is actually sounding pretty good! :)
Ditto to Steph. We are praying for you. Trust in the Lord. Keep us updated!
Shirley
Take it easy girl. Your baby girl needs a little more time before she makes her debut.
As you said before...."The best laid plans."
Hope this all just turns out to be a false alarm....do exactly as you are told and RELAX if you have to be on bed rest. Lots of movies, good books, and a telephone nearby.....not a bad thing.
You are in our thoughts....
You won't have to have bed rest before our Jamba Juice date, will ya? My big sis had preeclampsia problems and she had her first baby induced 3 weeks early and everything went really well.
Hang in there!
with jaron I put on a lot of water weight, with lara lots of water and trace amounts of protein in my urine. I did not have preclampsia with either and no bed rest. don't worry a lot about it, just enjoy your last couple of months of pregnancy. heavenly father is watching out for you.
Well Nancy, I will say this I was so in your shoes about seven months ago with Sophie my B/P was high not to much swelling blood work was just fine. And I to had to due a 24 hour urine, I will say this sorry if this sounds funny but be very careful if your urine smells sweet watch your sugars. You don't want to be come a pregancy diabetic. But just so you know even if they have to take Eva sooner then plan you and the baby are going to be just fine Sophie came @ 35 weeks due to my B/P. I agree with everyone your are in perfect hands heavenly father know's you and Eva and he will let you know what to do, Michelle I'm sure told you about her and Ariana. Good luck to you and your Husband, take things easy for the next month. Bed rest it not fun but the doctor know what they are doing. Your in our prays as is Eva. I hope I didn't say to much.
Hey Nancy - I was on partial bed rest with Sophie and they induced me at 38 weeks. Bed rest is hard, especially with a two year-old, but husbands are great and you can handle it I'm sure. I would go for the epidural if they induce you because you usually go faster and harder when induced. I was induced with both Evelyn and Sophie - I had Ev "au natural" and so with Sophie I made them put in the epidural as soon as I had my IV!! Personally I loved being induced because I knew the day and didn't have to freak out. You walk "calmly" into the hospital front door and everything is set up and your ready to go. Enjoy!
Prefectly happy babies come at 37 weeks; both of mine were! I had two sister-in-laws with pre-eclamsia and I know it's no fun. I hope that everything goes okay!
Post a Comment