Throughout our 5 years of marriage, Will and I have been so eternally grateful for the support and love of our family and friends. During the 4 1/2 years we've been trying to get pregnant, we know the only way we've made it through is because of the thoughts and prayers of you who mean so much to us. Especially through our miscarriage, your help and love is what helped us get through every difficult day.
I've been thinking throughout the last 2 1/2 months the best way to put this on my blog, and Will helped me to realize the best way is with gratitude. So with much thanks for all each of you have done, we are pleased to announce that we are pregnant, due March 31st.
I went to the doctor today for my 12 week appointment (even though I'm 13 1/2 weeks along), and since they couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler (I have a little extra padding that makes it hard to use the doppler), we got to have our 4th ultrasound of this pregnancy. The first 3 at 6, 7, and 8 weeks seemed unreal because the baby looked like a bean until 8 weeks when it looked like a gummy bear. However, today for the first time, I cried when I saw our baby. I cried as I watched it's little arms and legs flex and move, and especially as I watched it's heart beat so quickly. These pictures are in order of what we saw.
First we saw our baby's heartbeat... Good and strong at about 160 beats per minute.
Then the doctor showed us the fingers (looks like the baby was telling us everything is ok).
He measured the length. From head to bottom is about 6 1/2 cm.
Then he gave us this great profile. I think its turned up nose looks kinda like mine! :)
Then its hand and leg.
And finally a view from below... Can you tell if it's a boy or girl? The baby's head is down in this picture, and we're looking at it from behind, legs are up..
I know I've been relatively absent from my blog during the last few months... mostly because all I want to do is throw up (no Ellie, I didn't get any zofran, but feeling sick helped me to remember everything was going alright). Thankfully I've been able to avoid actually throwing up (although sometimes I thought it would be relieving) and on the 2 days I forgot to take my vitamins everything was pretty good. My doctor actually told me to try Flinstone's vitamins now that I'm through the first trimester. He said the difference may make my morning sickness quit.
.
I cannot be more grateful for this amazing blessing in my life. Infertility is the hardest thing I've ever faced, and I know it has made me a better person. I've had to draw on all the help and strength people offer, and still things were not easy. I've had to dig deep in my depression to find something I didn't know I had in me. I've struggled with my spirituality and my divine worth, and have come out swinging, fighting everyday to remind myself I have worth in my Heavenly Father's eyes. I've learned that my Heavenly Father really DOES know what is best for me, and that although it is hard, I can do hard things. I know there are so many women out there in the blogoverse who have had to face the same thing, and I'm grateful for the words of support you've had for me.
I know the next 6 months will not be easy, but I also know I can do this. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
I know the next 6 months will not be easy, but I also know I can do this. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
.
Sincerely,
.
Nancy, William and our little one
.
P.S. Am I forgiven for my long absence? :)
22 comments:
(Yay! first to comment! I've been sitting at my computer for about a half hour waiting for you to post.)
You are most certainly forgiven. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am sooo excited for you! yay! Can't wait to see you in April!
Hello baaabbbyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :)
Yay! It's official!!! And I love all the pics of your little peanut! S/He is already adorable! :) I can't wait to be an auntie again. And now I can return the favor of teaching your kid all the things you don't want them to know... ;)
Congratulations! I love you (and Will and the nudger, too)! ;o)
Yay!! I was hoping that's why you'd been sleeping so much! I am so excited for you! And when you throw up it doesn't make you feel any better; you just feel like you need to do it again :( My prenatals made me so sick with Molly I refused to take them most of the time I was pregnant (they actually made me throw up once and after that I was done). I hope you feel better soon!
Congratulations! I'm soooooooo happy for you, and I know that you guys will be AMAZING parents! Glad everything is going well. Good Luck and we will keep you in our prayers.
PS-You don't need to apologize, you're forgiven. :-D
Congrates Nancy and Will. I am very happy for you both. ;o)
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Let yourself throw-up, it really helps you feel better (at least it did me.). I love the profile picture, it is just priceless to see their little tiny perfect features.
What wonderful news! Yipee!
yay yay yay! I love the pictures!
6/7 more weeks until you find out the gender!
Hoo-ray!!!!! and Congrats!!!!! I was secretly thinking...Nancy hates me now, but I know I just know you were busy puking or wanting to puke which is the worst part any way.
Now for unsolicited advice. I NEVER take prenatal vitamins. My docs have approved Woman's Once a Day Multivitamin. It's all the extra iron (that you need) that kills you.
I am always anemic near the end, say start of third trimester, but by then I can handle taking slow FE which I also get over the counter.
Good luck!! Someday when you don't feel like puking let's go to lunch or something. Or something...eating probably sounds yucky.
Such good news! I didn't want to say anything just because I wanted you to have made the announcement but you have been in our prayers as you go through this incredible experience.
I too couldn't take the prenatal type vitamins.....made me sick as can be. There must be another way or kind that are easier on the system.
HOOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!
That is the greatest news I've heard all day!
YAY!!! Best thing I've read in forever. SO happy for you.
I never took those vitamins either. They are terrible. If you took them before you got pregnant, you are fine now.
Congrats, Nancy! I know how you feel with the morning sickness. I was exactly the same way - feeling like I was going to be puking any second. I am glad that you are feeling better.
Yipeee!
Love, Griffin
Wonderful! Wonderful!!!
Hang in there, in the end it will all be worth it!!
that is so very exciting. there s nothing like seeing your baby for the first time...it makes it so real.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Taken me a while but wanted to say in blogspace congrats on the baby. Cant wait to see the little one. Yea Treson will have a friend to play with :)
Nancy & Will! It's exciting that you're starting to tell people. How fun; we're still very excited for you two and continue to think about you and wish you well.
Nancy, I am so so so happy for you and Will! I can't wait to see some great belly shots!
Best news!! Congratulations Nancy! I am thrilled for you guys- you've been through so much I can't wait for you to have your little baby finally! I hope you start to feel better soon too!!
Post a Comment