Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sleepless in Provo

I've had an introduction to motherhood. Although I don't have kids of my own yet, I was given the opportunity last night to be a "surrogate mom" for a few hours for my sister (she got the flu). And I've made a few observations about motherhood.

#1 If you're given the chance to sleep... do it. You never know when you'll be up all night with a sick child (or sibling in this case).


#2 Regardless of how much sleep you got last night, if you only get 1 or 2 hours of sleep tonight, you will still be tired.

#3 I'm kinda grumpy when I'm tired. And somewhat less attractive.



For some reason, this doesn't change my thoughts about wanting to be a mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really do mean "sleepless". ... But well worth it to help.

Mommy said...

Yes, lots of sleepless nights to come. Someday it will be worth it but lots of times I just really want to sleep. Then when he smiles it makes it all worth it.

Anonymous said...

sorry i got sick.

Nancy said...

I'm not worried about you getting sick. I just happened to post while you were sleeping, and I was thinking about how nice it would be to sleep too! :)