So I thought I'd keep up with the birthday posts, and make a couple more. This one is for my dad! He just turned... really old. Well, I guess "really old" is relative, but he can get the senior discount, so I think that counts! I love him bunches and I think he is pretty much amazing!
Here are 5 things you may not know about my dad. (I would have done as many as he is old, but instead of making you scroll for 5 miles, I took it down to the number of decades he's been on the earth, rounded down to the nearest whole number!)
1. He likes projects. When I was a kid he remodeled our entire kitchen, made desks for 4 kids for Christmas, and built a table strong enough to throw a horse on, but with no cracks for spilled milk to get on mom's lap. Now that I think of it, he probably didn't like those projects, but he did a great job on them!
2. He found a project he really likes. And this one he has to be really good at, 'cause it will be a bit of a life or death matter when it's all finished! This is my dad with the plane he's building!

3. Dad is pretty quiet. Although since we've all grown up, we found out he has a wicked sense of humor!
4. Until recently, Dad didn't enjoy vacations with all the kids there. Something about crying and whining and general unrest amongst the children wasn't appealing to him. But this Christmas in Hawaii seemed to change his mind.
5. My dad is undyingly in love with my mom! He is a great example of what a husband should be like, and I'm grateful my husband is so much like him!

Happy Birthday, Dad!
2 comments:
I'm glad we've all grown up a bit. It's nice to have Dad more relaxed now that we're not teenagers anymore. And, yes, Dad is a great example of a loving husband. Thanks for giving us memories of loving parents!
Cute post Nancy! I hope your dad read it.
Post a Comment