For those who don't realize, we are on the edge of a huge change in our lives. We are moving a thousand miles away to a city we've only been to once (Omaha, NE) to start law school. Cue panic.
See, here is my problem. I'm too comfortable. In my home. In my church. With my friends. With the status quo. And so of course, everything is changing.
I know it will all work out. I just don't know how yet. We have to sell our house here, we have to find a place to live there. We have to learn to live on less than half our current income. We have to sell our house here. We have to pack everything we own into a moving truck and drive it halfway across this great nation. Oh, and did I mention we have to sell our house?
That, I think, is what worries me most. I'm trying to clean and pack and ready this place to show, while still raising 2 kids, and praying they aren't seriously emotionally scarred in the process.
And so, crunch time begins. I have to buckle down and do something. So tomorrow, I will pack ONE box. Nothing more (unless I find myself with tons of extra time... Hahahaha... Funny joke). And that will at least be one less box to pack later.
Wish me luck. I don't like being crunched.
3 comments:
Oh hey there! :) I found your blog awhile ago (Facebook, maybe?) and put it on my reader. I hope you don't mind. (I love blogs! Wish I could catch up on mine... :))
Boo hoo that you're moving (but I knew it already--I just try to deny it). BUT...please let us help! Bring your girls over while you ready the house or pack boxes. I'll bring my circus over and "help" you clean (i.e. make a bigger mess and cause stress and confusion). Okay. Strike the last one. But really, bring the girls by (we have a lovely playroom downstairs if the weather's too crummy to play outside). Or we can bring in a meal (or two). Or whatever.
Or maybe we could just convince you to stay...??? :)
Sure love ya. You'll make it through with flying colors. Let me know what you need from me.
Jen :)
Thanks, Jen! I'll definitely take you up on the first offer! When I think about this move, it's leaving my dear friends (like you) that makes me cry.
I will survive everything else, but leaving all my friends tears my heart out.
. . . . . . . . . .
Post a Comment