Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ouch

I've been meaning to post pictures from our trip to California. We got back on Sunday night, and the plan was to post today or tomorrow. But that hasn't happened yet, and it probably won't for a few days. I'm using our laptop which is old and decrepit because it hurts to walk to the regular computer. Why does it hurt, you ask? Because I have a fracture to my fifth proximal phalanx. In layman's terms, I broke my pinky toe.

How did I manage such a feat, you may wonder? I stubbed it on the corner of the wall while trying to get to Eva because she was crying. The sound of a toe breaking is a special sound. I've never broken a bone before, but I knew it was broken as soon as it happened.

I'll be posting pictures from California soon, but until then, enjoy these pictures from today. Or don't look... I understand it's kinda gross.

Normally my pinky toe lines up with all my other toes.

The arrow is pointing at the break.

I drew a line over the break for your viewing pleasure.

The doctor at the Instacare laughed when I told him I wanted a picture of my x-rays for my blog.
For those who are still reading... no cast, just "buddy taping" where they taped my pinky toe to the next toe. 2-4 weeks of that, and then hopefully it will be nearly healed. The doctor did say it will probably hurt for about a week. Too bad the only thing he told me to take was tylenol and ibprofen... it's not doing much for me.

11 comments:

Tristan said...

OH MAN! That totally sucks! I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly!

diane said...

I broke my next to the pinky toe one summer. It was a shopping cart accident. Someone cut me off at the store and I stubbed it on the wheel of the cart. Yowza.

Mandy said...

that is quite a feet!- excuse my phun.
not fun at all!!!!! I hope you feel better sooner than later- even though the drugs aren't much help now- that's the only good thing about pain- it eventually goes away. that would be very very sad if it didn't!
--- cringe----
mental image of birthing pain not going away....

Kimberly said...

Bummer about your toe. I totally would have gotten a picture of my x-ray too :-)

queenieweenie said...

did you swear?

I would have.

Liz Bowman said...

I don't even want to know what it sounds like to break a toe! I gave up on ever taking Tylenol or Ibuprofen years ago, when they never worked well enough for the relief they promised! I hope that it is near the end of the constant pain.

Heather G. said...

So sorry, Nancy about your toe. I hope it heals soon.

Heather G. said...

Hey Nancy,
Stop by my blog Gofita's pages when you get a chance. I have an award for you! you can link to it from my other blog!

Michelle and Nathan said...

Hope it feels better soon.

Hazen5 said...

It may be a small toe, but I am sure it hurts big time! Feel better soon.

Heather G. said...

Are you feeling better? We're pretty booked the next two weekends...but we could do a weeknight if you guys are up to it. I know it gets late fast when peeps have to get home from work first and a little baby has to go to bed as well! So let me know what works for you!