Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm not dead yet!

I have finally decided to come out of hiding (read bed), since I'm nearly recovered from almost 2000 miles of driving between Wednesday and Monday. For those who don't know... I went to California to capture Lauren's wedding in pictures. Along the way, we got to see Will's family, and do way more in 4 days than anyone should physically be able to do.

These are Jeni's great friends who all helped with wedding planning, party planning, and generally keeping everyone feeling sane and happy!


These are the cute pink shoes, headband, dress and veil Lauren wore... she looked great!

The happy couple.


These are the last formal pics I took at the temple. Lauren and Skyler were so patient with me. Lauren was starving and her dress was tied a little tight. She was a trooper and always had a perfect smile!

Here's the cake before it became a three layer cake. It was really warm, and cake can only handle so much heat.

After the reception we headed back to Sacramento to see Will's family, and be there for Shirley's daughter's (Heidi) blessing. I had to be in these pictures, and needless to say, I couldn't see the flare when I was taking them. I'll see what I can do to photoshop out the giant spots...

Shirley and her cute family. Heidi has tons of hair and Shirley gave me all the baby time I wanted. Granted, I was so tired most of the time, I could hardly hold my head up, and I had a wicked sunburn, but it was good to have a little one in my arms.

This is the only picture I took that wasn't for a photo shoot (after Lauren's wedding, family pics, and Shirley's family pics I wasn't really up to taking more pics). After the party on Friday night with Jeni and her family, Will and I snuck away to In-N-Out Burger. I have been deprived for too long. We ordered animal style fries. They are like manna from heaven, and Utah is missing out. Note Will's tired, yet super excited face.

We had a great time in California, but I'm glad to be home. I'm so happy to have been able to be a part of Lauren's big day, and to meet so many amazing people. I'm glad we got home in one piece, and that the cop just before Wendover was nice enough not to give me a ticket. (Never pass a cop even if you're going the speed limit... they don't like it.) I'm avoiding my car like the plague right now (I'm not really in the mood to drive), but in a few days I'll probably start to venture out again... after I get a little more sleep.

12 comments:

Jenibelle said...

Yipppppeeeeee!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures. What a fabulous few days, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Paige said...

Jeni has a lot of friends. Love the pics.

Robin said...

I like the picture with the shoes. And the cake is pretty. And so is the pic with the couple and the temple in the back. You're so good at what you do!

Shirley said...

I love you, Nancy! And can I just say that I'm really frustrated/bummed/mad (pick one) that Dave and Corrina had to leave early?! It sure would have been nice to have time to relax and take a really good Hale family portrait. It actually doen't look too bad...except for the flare. Hopefully you can fix it.
And Lauren looks gorgeous! I wish we had a more experienced photographer like you at our wedding. But, he was cheap and he gave us a cd of the digital pics so I can't complain too bad.

Shirley said...

Oh, hey, can I copy that pic of Christopher and the girls and me to my blog?
It looks great, except for me. Can you photoshop me out? :)

Jeff said...

Love the pictures!!!

Katrina said...

LOVE the piture of the happy couple, that is an amazing shot. Is it photoshopped or did you really have just a GREAT place to get that perfect Temple background?

Nancy said...

That picture is real and the temple was NOT photoshopped into the background. If you're out at the Oakland temple, you can go to the distribution center near it, and then there is a trail behind there... go a little way down the trail, and ta-dah!!!!, there's the temple.

Hazen5 said...

The pictures are amazing!!! It was so fun visiting with you. I love working vacations. I can't wait to see the rest of the shots!!!

Christopher said...

So what exactly are the animal style fries? I have never been to In-N-Out so I guess I don't know what I'm missing but I'm curious nonetheless.
Pictures look awesome! Hope to see you before we head back East.

Nancy said...

For those not familiar with In-N-Out, they have awesome burgers, a tiny menu, and I always learn about something new that's not on the menu when I go. Most recently that was Animal Style Fries. Basically, you can get their fresh cut fries with sauteed onions, american cheese, and thousand island dressing. Basically a heart attack in a paper dish, but oh-so-yummy!

You can get your burgers the same way. Soooooo good!

Tristan said...

Love the pictures! I can't wait to see more!